These vegan Lasagna Roll Ups are packed with hummus, spinach, and mushrooms. This meat-free dish may turn out to be your new favourite weekend dinner as it is so comforting, and scrumptious! The recipe is quite smooth to make with healthy greens and it’s one hundred% plant-based totally.
VEGETABLE LASAGNA ROLL UPS
Italian meals became my favored inside the past, now I additionally love Mexican food, Chinese meals, Thai food, and of path, German food. However, Italian dishes, consisting of pizza and pasta will always make me satisfied. Therefore, it become time to create a recipe for vegan lasagna roll ups!
Vegetarian lasagna roll united statesare just like traditional lasagna, but, in my view, the rolls appearance prettier, and they’re greater amusing to make. If you are a fan of lasagna, you may love these vegan lasagna rolls.
These vegetable lasagna rolls are:
- 100% vegan (meat-free, egg-free, dairy-free).
- Quite easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Prepared in about 25 minutes.
- Marinara sauce
- Soy sauce
- Vegan cheese
- A few spices
- Lasagna noodles (regular or gluten-free)
- Garlic cloves
- you can also use coconut aminos or tamari instead of soy sauce.
- If you don’t like mushrooms, simply leave them out. You could also add zucchini or your favorite vegetables instead.
- Use marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce. You can also make a homemade tomato sauce. Simply mix passata with salt, pepper, oregano, and a little sweetener to taste.
- I made homemade hummus, however, you can buy store-bought hummus.
- I used homemade vegan cheese sauce but you can use your favorite store-bought vegan cheese. Grated cheese is fine!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN LASAGNA ROLL UPS?
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions or until they are al dente.
- Meanwhile, chop/dice/mince the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and spinach. Measure the other ingredients.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and mushrooms first. Then add the spinach, and soy sauce.
- Next, add the hummus and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Ladle some marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9×6 (23×15 cm) baking dish. Set aside.
- Lay cooked noodles on a clean surface and place the hummus-mixture on each noodle and spread it evenly.
- Roll up each lasagna noodle and place it seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Ladle the remaining marinara sauce over the lasagna noodles.
- Add vegan cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
THESE VEGETABLE LASAGNA ROLL UPS ARE:
- Can be made gluten-free
- Fairly easy to make with simple ingredients
- A great dinner for weekends
TIPS FOR THIS VEGAN LASAGNA RECIPE:
- If you want to make your own tomato sauce and hummus, make it ahead of time (e.g. in the morning) because it saves a lot of time.
- You can also assemble the lasagna roll ups in your baking dish in the morning and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Double the recipe, use a larger baking dish, and store leftovers covered in an airtight container in the fridge (for up to 3 days).
Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups are packed with hummus, spinach, and mushrooms. This meat-free dish may grow to be your new favourite weekend dinner as it’s so comforting, and scrumptious.
- 3.5 oz fresh spinach
- A few tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (*see notes)
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6–8 lasagna noodles (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- One small can mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 2/3 cups hummus (*see notes)
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot (filled with boiling water and salt) according to package directions or until al dente.
Ladle about 1/2 cup marinara sauce (or your favorite tomato sauce) in the bottom of a 9×6 (23×15 cm) baking dish (you can use a larger pan). Set aside.
While the lasagna noodles cook, heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add the diced onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for about 4 minutes. Then add soy sauce and spinach. Cook for a further 30-60 seconds, then turn off the heat.
Add the hummus and stir with a spoon.
Depending on the brand of your store-bought hummus, you might need to add more flavor. I added cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to taste. READ MORE..
You can use your favorite tomato sauce instead of marinara sauce.
If you aren’t a fan of mushrooms, simply leave them out and use your favorite vegetable (e.g. zucchini) instead.
You can use Vegan Ricotta Cheese instead of hummus.
- Category: Main Course, Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 316kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: lasagna, rolls, vegan