Creamy Beef and Shells is such a tasty dinner! It is meaty, never dry, and the flavors are awesome!
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15oz can) marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small sweet onion (diced)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (freshly grated) Read More..
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and stir to combine. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, add back beef.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired. Read More..
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 480kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 370
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 66g